CONTACT PHILOSOPHY MAJOR
NME Res. 16403 – December 13th, 2012 – 7 years
Humanities and Fine Arts Building, Block A, 4th floor.
Phone Number: 57 – 6 – 735 93 00 Ext. 341
Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 12:00m – 2:00pm to 6:00pm
The Philosophy Major fosters ethical and epistemic interrelation and thought processes in both institutions and individuals. It is committed to constructing the meaning of that which is human, of life and of the significance of knowledge, through permanent conceptual study, research and scientific, technological, artistic, and even day-to-day common productions as they pertain to the educational, political, organizational and cultural affairs, with a view to creating research projects and networks in the local, regional, national and international contexts.
In the year 2018, the Philosophy Major at the University of Quindío will be an academic unit where thought and reflection dimensions are created, where new conceptual structures are created, where different knowledge creation processes can be grounded, and where philosophy can be applied to the University and to the educational and social environments.
Professional in Philosophy
NUMBER OF ACADEMIC CREDITS
• Providing conceptual supporting arguments for different models and perspectives.
• Creating alternatives regarding philosophical or multi-disciplinary problems.
• Participating in philosophical, cultural, social and scientific projects through becoming informed about many different knowledge areas.
• Analyzing, critiquing and producing essays or philosophical works.
• Contributing their production to the diffusion of philosophical topics and problems.
The Philosophy professional from the University of Quindío will be able to perform as:
• Multi-area or philosophical researcher.
• Advisor for institutions, organizations, or cultural and educational centers.
• Manager and advisor for political, social or philosophical projects.
• Consultant and director of editorial companies.
• Teacher/professor of philosophy and other related areas.