- Faculty of Basic Sciences and Technologies
- programas academicos
- Master’s degree in Biomathematics
Master’s degree in Biomathematics
Training upstanding individuals with the ability to generate,spread and deepen in mathematical knowledge applied to the analysis of problems of life sciences.
The master’s degree in Mathematics from the University of Quindío will be recognized in 2015 nationally and internationally as a program of high quality academic and research excellence.Its Recognition was expressed in High Quality Accreditation.
Degree granted: Masters in Biomathematics
It is a requirement for admission: the certification of basic knowledge in four areas to successfully address the theme of the program; the areas are: Mathematical Analysis, Linear Algebra, ordinary differential Equations and Fundamentals of Biology. In order to facilitate compliance with this condition,the master’s degree annually offers these courses in a leveling semester;professionals who by reasons of their training,they are able to handle some of these areas, hey can approve any or all of these courses through a proficiency test scheduled by the Curriculum Council (annually in the third week of January).
a) Developing and approve a degree work.
b) Certifying a minimum level in English reading through a standard test (Michigan, Toefl, etc.)
Number of academic credits: 46
As regards his professional work,the graduate of the Master’s degree in Biomathematics of the University of Quindío, he shapes up as a professional who responses to the general principles of Decree 1295 of 2010 “the Master’s degrees are aimed at deepening the knowledge and appropriation of creative study skills and systematic reflection;all of this through the gradual mastery of concepts,techniques and methods of study and research whose results are reflected in a contribution to the disciplinary,interdisciplinary or professional knowledge "according to the above, the magister in Mathematics will be trained from the professional point of view to develop the following activities:
- a)Making mathematical modeling of different dynamics in the field of Life Sciences.
- b) Permanently update him/her in mathematical theories that allow her/him to do mathematical modeling in the field of Life Sciences.
- c) Participating in research aimed at solving scientific problems in this field of knowledge.
- d) Promoting the development of lines of research in these areas academic,scientific and business institutions.
- e) Presenting and developing research projects about problems in the field of Life Sciences.
From the occupational point of view, the graduate is able to:
- Participate in interdisciplinary research groups where the analysis of biological phenomena is discussed.
- Serving as a Researcher in units of Biometry, Epidemiology and Environmental Studies.
- Publishing his/her research articles in professional journals.
MEN 11285 - 26 de Agosto de 2013 - 7 años
Basic sciences and technologies building, floor 4.
Phone: 57-6-7359300 Ext. 349.
Schedule of attention: Monday to Friday from: 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – from: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.