- Faculty of Agro-industrial Sciences
- programas academicos
- Agro-Industrial Technology (off-campus)
Agro-Industrial Technology (off-campus)
Agro-Industrial Technology Major
NME Res. 12938 - October 10, 2012 - 7 years
Agro-Industrial Building, Block Z, first floor.
Phone Number: 57-6-7359300 Ext. 398.
Business Hours: Tuesday to Friday: 8:00am to 11:30am - 2:00pm to 5:30pm. Saturdays: 8:00am to 4:00pm.
MIssion and Vision
Mission: To educate, by making use of a flexible curriculum, fully trained agro-industrial technologists who are committed with regional and national development, able to identify and satisfy agri-business production chains needs from the post-production stage, so that a creative and scientific contribution can be made in the sustainable development area.
Vision: The Agro-Industrial Technology Major will be recognized for its active participation in the regional and national sustainable development processes and for the integrated application of innovative rural and urban intervention strategies within an entrepreneurial framework.
Number of Credits
Professional and Occupational Profiles
Agro-Industrial Technologists can perform multiple tasks related to both traditional and promising production lines. Supported on their education, they are trained to:
- Transmitting knowledge to society at large, all within ethical and national commitment principles.
- Communicating efficiently with audiences directly involved in the agro-industrial processes at a managerial level.
- Operationalize productive systems (Production coordination, productive activities record-keeping and documentation, interpretation of blueprints and diagrams, and work instructions and procedures management).
- Execute production plans.
- Supervise agro-industrial production systems.
- Proposing agro-industrial improvements.
- Act as co-researcher in research and technological development projects.
- Create innovation in agor-industrial products and processes.
- Uphold quality standards in agro-industrial systems.
Agro-Industrial technologists are trained to perform in agro-industrial contexts as:
- Production manager for SMEs and micro-businesses.
- Agro-industrial business manager.
- Co-researcher in the agro-industrial field
- Quality control director.
- Technical advisor for FAMI, micro-businesses, and SMEs.
- Agro-industrial processes supervisor.